Crother's Emerging Developments especially relevant to music
- The global demand for other American products, like clothing styles and brands, restaurants and sports, is also likely to grow over time.
- Social networking will continue to be a platform for the spread of information, products, cultural styles, and political and social change around the world.
- The YouTube-ification of entertainment is likely to expand.
- Challenges to American movies, music, and television programs will arise for a variety of economic, political, and cultural reasons, leading to new alliances seeking to limit the effects of American popular culture within their communities.
- Increased exposure to American popular culture will encourage the development of hybrid forms that have value to local cultures.
- Just as other cultures can adopt and integrate American programming, American culture can adapt and integrate entertainment forms originated elsewhere.
- Pop cultural interchanges can create economic and cultural bonds among people that may not be represented by political institutions.
- American popular culture may facilitate the emergence of a global culture, at least to a limited extent.
- Cultural integration is more likely within and among components of the Global North than it is within and among the Global South, thereby deepening the gap between north and south.
- Resistance to the spread of American popular culture, whether organized by states or by citizens, is likely to be hard.
- Nothing is inevitable about globalization and American popular culture.
Share this post with others. See the Twitter, Facebook and other buttons below.
Please follow, add, friend or subscribe to help support this blog.
See more about me at my web site WilliamHartPhD.com.