Some of Crother's Emerging Developments especially relevant to music
- Social Media
- Social networking will continue to be a platform for the spread of information, products, cultural styles, and political and social change around the world."
- "The YouTube-ification of entertainment is likely to expand."
- "Challenges to American movies, music, and television programs will arise for a variety of economic, political, and cultural reasons, leading to new alliances seeking to limit the effects of American popular culture within their communities."
- "American popular culture may facilitate the emergence of a global culture, at least to a limited extent."
- "Increased exposure to American popular culture will encourage the development of hybrid forms that have value to local cultures."
- Cultural integration is more likely within and among components of the Global North* than it is within and among the Global South*, thereby deepening the gap between north and south.
*North–South Divide: a the "broadly considered a socio-economic and political divide. Generally, definitions of the Global North include North America, Western Europe and developed parts of East Asia. The Global South is made up of Africa, Latin America, and developing Asia including the Middle East" (Wikipedia).
"OSCEmap 2005". Licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0 via Wikimedia Commons.
Share this post with others. See the Twitter, Facebook and other buttons below.
Please follow, add, friend or subscribe to help support this blog.
See more about me at my web site WilliamHartPhD.com.